This online course will provide you with the knowledge and skills required to create, implement and operate database systems. You will be capable of configuring, maintaining, and monitoring the performance of databases.
Cost20252024$793 NZ Domestic$2,464 NZ International
Delivery typeOnline only
Teaching weeks 16 weeks
Workload Approximately 13 hours per week
Prerequisites Check entry and other requirements under the qualification you are studying
For more information watch the course introduction video below.
Students who successfully complete this online course will be able to
- Perform a requirements analysis and demonstrate core business modelling skills
- Describe the theory of database design, schema and data dictionaries, and the considerations required for multi-user access
- Demonstrate data modelling strategies, both relational and object
- Apply normalisation, and data and system redundancy
- Implement structured, semi-structured and unstructured data and complex data types for a realistic business situation
- Create a database and utilise data validation techniques, perform complex queries and generate reports, and apply security measures.
This course is 100% internally assessed
No textbooks are required for this course
Computer and internet requirements
To complete this course you will need access to a laptop or desktop computer, reliable broadband internet connection and a data plan able to support online learning such as streaming of videos (including YouTube), downloading content, and writing and submitting online assessments. If you are unsure if your current computer or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
You can do this course as part of these qualifications:
Certificate of Proficiency
Course availability over the next 12 months