This online programming course will provide the you with the knowledge and skills required to develop applications using contemporary programming languages.
Delivery type2019Trimester 1, 2 & 3 2019
Allow 10-12 hours study time per week for each 20 credit course.
Cost2019NZ students $730 + $60 annual administration fee
International students $2,254 + $60 annual administration fee
You will write and maintain programs using design patterns, data structures and algorithms to meet specifications.
Students who successfully complete this online programming course will be able to
- Demonstrate the effective use of multiple contemporary programming languages and integrated development environments (IDEs)
- Describe and apply the principles and techniques required for modular software development using object oriented concepts and core programming techniques
- Demonstrate effective use of commonly used built-in data structures
- Develop a comprehensive solution to a given problem, which includes designing, debugging, testing and maintenance techniques
- Describe optimisation concepts and techniques and the application of source and version control as a critical function of project management
This course is 100% internally assessed
No textbooks are required for this course
Your course is delivered 100% online. To complete this course you will need access to a computer or device, broadband internet and a data plan able to support online learning such as streaming of videos (including YouTube), downloading content and submitting online assessments. If you are unsure if your current computer/device or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- Choose the qualification you will study the course under.
- Check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.