This online course will provide you with the knowledge and skills required to support and enhance organisational processes and systems.
Delivery type2019Trimester 2 & 3 2019
Allow 10-12 hours study time per week for each 20 credit course.
Cost2019NZ students $730 + $60 annual administration fee
International students $2,254 + $60 annual administration fee
Prerequisites Check entry and other requirements under the qualification you are studying
For more information watch the course introduction video below.
You will develop the skills required to provide technical support using applicable practice methodologies for managing hardware and software resources in the workplace.
Students who successfully complete this online course will be able to
- Explain the processes associated with information management, including data storage and retrieval
- Describe the concepts of user experience and usability in IT and the requirements for supporting end users
- Explain security concepts and tools and techniques used for minimising risk
- Describe networking and internet concepts
- Identify the processes and procedures necessary for hardware and software diagnostic testing, maintenance, and technical and customer support
- Demonstrate the basic principles of web design and interactivity
100% internally assessed
No textbooks are required for this course
Your course is delivered 100% online. To complete this course you will need access to a computer or device, broadband internet and a data plan able to support online learning such as streaming of videos (including YouTube), downloading content and submitting online assessments. If you are unsure if your current computer/device or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
You can do this course as part of these qualifications:
Certificate of Proficiency
- New Zealand Certificate in Information Technology (Level 5) (NZ2595)
- New Zealand Certificate in Study and Career Preparation (Level 4) (NZ2860)