This course is designed to familiarise you with principles and practices relating to computer-based accounting information systems.
Delivery type2019Trimester 2 2019
Allow 10-12 hours study time per week for each 20 credit course.
Cost2019NZ students $730 + $60 annual administration fee
International students $2,254 + $60 annual administration fee
Exam dates2019Trimester 2, 15 Oct 2019
You will develop a framework and skills enabling you to develop an up-to-date, effective and appropriate accounting information system containing valid internal controls.
Students who successfully complete this course will be able to
- Demonstrate an in depth understanding of accounting information systems.
- Document and apply accounting information systems.
- Critically analyse accounting subsystems and controls.
- Critically evaluate the internal control framework and its application to accounting information systems.
40% internally assessed
For more information and a full list of exam times see our examinations page.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
Lecturer / Tutor
You can do this course as part of these qualifications:
Certificate of Proficiency
- Bachelor of Business (OP700101)
- Bachelor of Business (Accounting) (OP700109)
- Bachelor of Business (Accounting and Management) (OP700107)