Graduate Diploma

Graduate Diploma in Professional Accounting (Level 7)

Qualification code OP720303

If you have an undergraduate degree and want to become an accountant, this is the qualification for you. 

All you need to do is complete four compulsory courses and two electives from a range of accounting, law and organisational behaviour courses.

If you wish to become a member of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand you need to contact them for an assessment to identify which courses you will need to complete to meet their entry criteria.

If you are already enrolled in the Graduate Diploma in Professional Accounting (Level 7) then you can complete your study under the new structure or click here to go to the original Diploma structure.

For more information view the brochure below or request a brochure to be sent to you.

If you have any questions please contact us

  • Level 7  
    Credits 120 
  • Workload

    Approximately 10-12 hours study per week for each 20 credit course. This may be higher at assessment or exam time.

  • Study type Trimester  
  • Cost $4,380 NZ Domestic

    Approximate cost for the full qualification based on 2018 fee information, not including annual administration fees, fee increases, textbooks, course materials or external exam fees.

  • Student loan

    Eligible for student loans, if you meet the criteria. Student loans and eligibility

Entry requirements

You need a degree to gain entry to this qualification. You may also need to complete 71100 Accounting before enrolling in this qualification if you have not studied accounting previously. Please contact us for more information before applying to enrol.

Computer and online access

Some of the courses are delivered online so you will need to have regular access to a computer or device, a reliable broadband internet connection and a data plan to be able to support your online learning. You will need to stream videos, download content and submit assessments online.

International students

You can study this programme part-time if you’re an international student living in New Zealand or overseas. If you’re living in New Zealand you will need to be in paid employment with a valid work permit. 

Find out about the special conditions and fees which you’ll need to meet

Domestic students living overseas

You can study this programme if you’re a New Zealand citizen living overseas.

Find out about the special conditions and fees which you'll need to meet

English language

English is the language of study at Open Polytechnic. You will need to be able to read and write well in English so that you can understand course materials and also submit written assessments. There are criteria that must be met if English is not your first language. Find out more about English language requirements or contact us.