New Zealand Certificate in Assessment Practice (Level 4)
If you need to assess learners against standards in a workplace or academic setting, this qualification will build your knowledge and skills.
Study type Open
Cost$0 NZ Domestic
Not including any course materials or external exam fees.
Not eligible for student loans.
This qualification will prepare you for a career as an assessor in industry. You will become proficient at:
- preparing learners for assessment
- assessing learners on the job
- providing feedback about their performance.
Once you’ve achieved this qualification, you may be interested in studying towards the New Zealand Certificate in Adult and Tertiary Teaching or the New Zealand Certificate in Adult Literacy and Numeracy Education (Vocational/Workplace).
Fee free offer
We currently offer this qualification fee free.
Learn more in the 'Fee free offer' tab.
What you will learn
When you achieve this qualification you will be able to:
- apply assessment principles and processes to make sound assessment judgements
- manage pre and post-assessment processes in accordance with good practice
- act professionally, ethically, and with cultural sensitivity as an assessor
- communicate with a diverse range of people including providing effective feedback to learners
- participate in quality assurance and assessment related activities.