New Zealand Diploma in Business (Level 5) (Human Resource Management) [Te Pūkenga]
This qualification will provide you with the skills to contribute to the achievement of business operational objectives, through the application of knowledge and skills, in an ethical and inclusive manner, in accordance with ngā kaupapa o te Tiriti o Waitangi (the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi), and in a multi-cultural environment.
Study type Open
Cost$2,536 NZ Domestic
Not including any course materials or external exam fees.
Graduates of this qualification with the Human Resource Management strand may be employed in a variety of business entities in entry-level Human Resource roles or in management roles.
What you will learn
When you achieve this qualification, you will know how to:
- Analyse the operational impact of internal and external environments on a business entity to inform decision-making.
- Apply broad knowledge of the principles and current practices of operations, accounting, marketing/sales, human resources, and risk management, to support the performance of a business entity.
- Contribute operationally to innovation and organisational change in a business entity.
- Develop and maintain operational business relationships with stakeholders to support the performance of a business entity.
- Apply knowledge of te Tiriti o Waitangi to analyse how the resulting bi-cultural partnership can be applied to operational business activities and relationships.
- Apply professional and ethical practices with integrity, in accordance with the operational environmental, social and cultural requirements of the context, and apply personal and interpersonal skills to contribute to the achievement of business operational objectives.
You will also learn how to:
- Apply knowledge of the principles and practices of HR functions for recruitment, development, performance management, and health and safety within an entity
- Adapt to changes in given organisational context/s with effective HR strategies Communicate effectively with stakeholders to provide HR-specific information and advice within a recognised industry ethical framework