NZ231503 New Zealand Certificate in Financial Services (Level 5) (General Insurance) is the qualification you need to meet the legal requirements for giving financial advice in New Zealand.
Study type Open
Important programme information
NZ231503 New Zealand Certificate in Financial Services (Level 5) (General Insurance) is the current version of this certificate. It will give you the competence, knowledge and skills you need to give regulated financial advice in New Zealand.
Courses run for 16 teaching weeks.
You may be eligible to apply for a student loan for this programme, but you need to structure your application for FSC521 and FSC522 to start at least two months apart. Upon successful completion of FSC521, submit your application for enrolment in one of the specialist courses in your chosen strand.
About this qualification
This programme is suitable for people working in or who wish to work in the financial services industry.
It is of particular relevance to those seeking to provide individualised financial advice to meet clients’ personal needs.
What you will learn
When you complete this certificate, you will be able to demonstrate the knowledge and application of:
- good conduct obligations, including the advice process and the key elements of legal, ethical, and professional obligations
- key financial institutions, systems, markets, and products/services.
- key factors in the economic environment that impact participants in the financial services sector
- Provide general insurance services using knowledge of general insurance concepts, legislation, regulations, codes of conduct; and the purpose, responsibilities and roles of participants.
- Establish, analyse, and review a range of personal, domestic, or small business general insurance needs, objectives, risk tolerance, and priorities. Analyse general insurance products, structures, and options; Government support agency benefits; and potential non-insurance solutions when developing solutions to a range of personal, domestic, or small business general insurance needs.
- Provide general insurance services using knowledge of the processes of the application, underwriting, issue, placement, maintenance, review, claims, cancellation, and ending of general insurance contracts.
- Apply the Six Step advice process to provide advice in a general insurance context.
When you complete this qualification you will be qualified to work in a range of roles:
- insurance adviser,
- technical specialist,
- adviser support,
When you finish this qualification you could progress onto higher level qualifications in financial services, or other business and management including: