This online course provides an understanding of selected litigation law matters commonly handled by legal executives.
Delivery type2019Trimester 2 2019
Allow 10-12 hours study time per week for each 20 credit course.
Cost2019NZ students $630 + $60 annual administration fee
International students $1,840 + $60 annual administration fee
Exam dates2019Trimester 2, 15 Oct 2019
Prerequisites Check entry and other requirements under the qualification you are studying
It will enable you to draft appropriate documentation for the selected litigation matters commonly handled by legal executives.
For more information watch the course introduction video below.
Students who successfully complete this online course will be able to
- Describe the hierarchy of the New Zealand courts and differentiate between their jurisdictions.
- Examine ethical duties in litigation practice and court procedure.
- Analyse common types of civil proceedings in the District Court and High Court.
- Analyse and apply the legal principles and practices relevant to selected District Court processes.
- Assess selected common applications to the Family Court.
- Evaluate criteria for legal aid i and describe the ongoing obligations of the lawyer to the client.
- Prepare and critically comment on litigation documentation used or commonly encountered by legal executives.
40% internally assessed
For more information and a full list of exam times see our examinations page.
No textbooks are required for this course
Your course is delivered 100% online. To complete this course you will need access to a computer or device, broadband internet and a data plan able to support online learning such as streaming of videos (including YouTube), downloading content and submitting online assessments. If you are unsure if your current computer/device or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
Lecturer / Tutor
You can do this course as part of these qualifications: