This online course provides you with the opportunity to describe community integration and gain an in-depth understating of the services and resources that are available within your community to support your work.
For each credit, allow about 10 hours of study.
Cost2019NZ students $0 + $60 annual administration fee
International students $875 + $60 annual administration fee
Prerequisites Check entry and other requirements under the qualification you are studying
Risks are described in relation to you as a worker, the people you support and your natural supports.
Strategies to address risks are described, implemented and evaluated.
These strategies are linked to the organisation's workplace policies and procedures.
This course closes by looking at the ethical practice of a worker in the mental health and addiction sector.
Students who successfully complete this course will be able to
- describe the process of community integration for a person they support and review their role within this process
- describe local services and resources relevant to a person they support in a mental health and addiction setting
- describe risks for people they support, support workers and others in a mental health and addiction setting
- describe and implement strategies for contributing to the safety of people they support, support workers, and others in a mental health and addiction setting
- describe policies, procedures and resources used to assist in responding to risk-related issues in a mental health and addiction setting
- reflect on own ethical practice as a mental health and addiction support worker
This course is 100% internally assessed
No textbooks are required for this course
Your course is delivered 100% online. To complete this course you will need access to a computer or device, broadband internet and a data plan able to support online learning such as streaming of videos (including YouTube), downloading content and submitting online assessments. If you are unsure if your current computer/device or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- Choose the qualification you will study the course under.
- Check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
You can do this course as part of these qualifications: