This online course provides you with the opportunity to describe statutes and regulations that apply to your role within your organisation in a mental health and addiction sector.
For each credit, allow about 10 hours of study.
Cost2019NZ students $0 + $60 annual administration fee
International students $875 + $60 annual administration fee
Prerequisites Check entry and other requirements under the qualification you are studying
You will look at tasks you do in your workplace and how these are linked to legislation and workplace policies and procedures. A person centred approach will be described in relation to the integration of a multi-disciplinary team and how this works for a range of the people involved in this group. A key focus will be how you work in this team to focus on a person centred approach for the people you support.
For more information watch the introduction to the Being a Professional on the Ground (Mental Health and Addiction Support Strand) course.
Students who successfully complete this online course will be able to
- describe and explain statutes and regulations that underpin the practice of support workers in a mental health and addiction setting
- explain how their business policies and procedures link to the statutes and regulations
- describe the interconnections between a multidisciplinary team that works with people they support in a mental health and addiction setting
- describe the strengths and weaknesses of using a multidisciplinary team to support the needs and goals of a person they support in a mental health and addiction setting
- implement and review strategies to ensure their contribution to a multidisciplinary team is effectively addressing the needs and goals of a person they support in a mental health and addiction setting
- describe and apply values while working in a multi-disciplinary team supporting the goals and needs of a person they support in a mental health and addiction setting.
This course is 100% internally assessed
No textbooks are required for this course
Your course is delivered 100% online. To complete this course you will need access to a computer or device, broadband internet and a data plan able to support online learning such as streaming of videos (including YouTube), downloading content and submitting online assessments. If you are unsure if your current computer/device or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- Choose the qualification you will study the course under.
- Check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
You can do this course as part of these qualifications: