This online course provides you with the opportunity to describe the knowledge, skills and values that are needed relevant to your role in a health and wellbeing workplace.
Cost20252024$0 NZ Domestic$1,339 NZ International
Delivery typeOnline only
Teaching weeks 16 weeks
Workload Approximately 16 hours per week
Prerequisites Check entry and other requirements under the qualification you are studying
You will explore the process of developing, implementing and reviewing personal plans with the people you support. You will gain an understanding of the impact of social determinants on health and wellbeing and why these need to be considered when developing a personal plan within a person centred approach.
For more information watch the course introduction video below.
Students who successfully complete this online course will be able to
- describe the knowledge, skills and values needed for their role as a health and wellbeing worker
- describe components and strategies of a personal plan for a person they support in a health and wellbeing setting
- contribute to the development of a personal plan for a person they support in a health and wellbeing setting
- show how an understanding of social determinants influences the way they support a person in a health and wellbeing setting
- implement a personal plan over a period of time for a person they support in a health and wellbeing setting
- review the personal plan they have implemented
This course is 100% internally assessed
No textbooks are required for this course
Computer and internet requirements
To complete this course you will need access to a laptop or desktop computer, reliable broadband internet connection and a data plan able to support online learning such as streaming of videos (including YouTube), downloading content, and writing and submitting online assessments. If you are unsure if your current computer or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
You can do this course as part of these qualifications:
- New Zealand Certificate in Health and Wellbeing (Social and Community Services) (Level 4) (Disability Support) [Version 2] (NZ299202)
- New Zealand Certificate in Health and Wellbeing (Social and Community Services) (Level 4) (Mental Health and Addiction Support) [Version 2] (NZ299204)
- New Zealand Certificate in Health and Wellbeing (Social and Community Services) (Level 4) (Whānau, Community and Social Services) [Version 2] (NZ299205)
Course availability over the next 12 months