This online course provides you with the opportunity to learn about the health and wellbeing sector in New Zealand with the aim to see where it should focus in the future.
For each credit, allow about 10 hours of study.
Cost2019NZ students $0 + $60 annual administration fee
International students $875 + $60 annual administration fee
Prerequisites Check entry and other requirements under the qualification you are studying
It will look at historic influences, including development of legislation, that have shaped the way the current sector operates.
This online course then moves on to look at the varied range of conditions that exist within the health and wellbeing setting, specifically focused on mental health, addiction and disability.
For more information watch the course introduction video below.
Students who successfully complete this online course will be able to
- describe the purpose and historical development of the services within the Aotearoa New Zealand health and wellbeing sector
- describe the development of legislation that impacted on development of the Aotearoa New Zealand health and wellbeing sector
- describe their understanding of factors that contribute to health and wellbeing
- describe specific conditions and the impact those conditions have on people they support in a health and wellbeing setting
- apply a person centred approach for a range of specific conditions within their workplace setting
100% internally assessed
No textbooks are required for this course
Your course is delivered 100% online. To complete this course you will need access to a computer or device, broadband internet and a data plan able to support online learning such as streaming of videos (including YouTube), downloading content and submitting online assessments. If you are unsure if your current computer/device or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- Choose the qualification you will study the course under.
- Check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
You can do this course as part of these qualifications: