This course is designed to build your skills and confidence in a number of areas that are required for successful participation in our society. Whānau and communities will benefit from people with the confidence, skills, knowledge, and attributes needed to progress to further and more focused learning, and to participate in their communities.
For each credit, allow about 10 hours of study.
Cost2019NZ students $0 + $60 annual administration fee
International students N/A + $60 annual administration fee
Prerequisites Check entry and other requirements under the qualification you are studying
The main purpose of this course is to provide you with a good understanding of financial literacy and how your own personal finances can affect your life. It will teach you about budgeting and managing money, and how significant life events can impact this. The course will also build on your numeracy skills in the areas of numbers, statistics and measurement.
Specifically, this course will build your skills and confidence in the following areas:
- Decision making in terms of personal income
- Budgeting and managing personal finances
- Problem solving methods and techniques
- Problem solving using numbers
- Interpreting statistics and drawing reasonable conclusions
Students who successfully complete this course will be able to
- Make an informed decision relating to personal income and explain its impacts
- Produce a balanced budget to manage personal finances
- Use number to solve problems
- Interpret statistical information for a purpose
- Use problem solving methods to solve problems
- Use measurement to solve problems
This course is 100% internally assessed
No textbooks are required for this course
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- Choose the qualification you will study the course under.
- Check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
You can do this course as part of these qualifications: