This course is the first of a series of practice courses that are intended to enable you to acquire engineering and professional practice skills. Engineering practice skills, such as the ability to perform practical and project work, innovation, problem identification and solution, and engineering judgement, will be developed as you progress through your courses, through activities such as laboratory design and project work.
Delivery type2019Trimester 2 2019
This practice unit will be delivered in one week of lab sessions organised by the University of Southern Queensland (USQ), in Australia.
Cost2019NZ students $0 + $60 annual administration fee
International students N/A + $60 annual administration fee
Prerequisites Check entry and other requirements under the qualification you are studying
Topics include practical work primarily in the areas of instrumentational measurement, engineering materials and manufacturing.
Travel to Australia
Attending a practice unit at the University of South Queensland (USQ) in Australia is a requirement of this course.
These units are held twice yearly in February and September. You can find out the dates for practice units relating to this course by clicking on this link for USQ:
Once you have decided on the practice unit you would like to attend we recommend you email us at email@example.com so we can arrange your placement with USQ on your behalf. Once we have confirmed your placement, we will notify you and then you can enrol in the course via our website.
Students who successfully complete this course will be able to
- demonstrate practical skills in selected technical fields;
- contribute as part of a team to complete a specific project in a specified time;
- prepare material for technical reports that demonstrates use of library and computing facilities;
- analyse scientific data and evaluate the experimental results obtained;
- contribute to the preparation of a report and the presentation of a seminar;
- apply basic health and safety principles in a workplace setting.
100% internally assessed
No textbooks are required for this course
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
You can do this course as part of these qualifications: