This online course will equip you with the knowledge and skills you will need to develop schedules of quantities for specialist trades in construction projects.
Cost$651 NZ Domestic
Delivery typeOnline only
Teaching weeks 16 weeks
Workload Approximately 10 hours per week
Prerequisites Check entry and other requirements under the qualification you are studying
For more information watch the course introduction video below.
Students who complete this course will be able to (for specialist trades)
- Understand the structure, use and requirement of a schedule of quantities in construction projects.
- Assemble the documentation required to measure a schedule of quantities.
- Understand the requirements to measure civil engineering work.
- Produce a schedule of quantities for specialist trades.
This course is 100% internally assessed
No textbooks are required for this course
Access to the NZIQS Handbook will be needed to assist with data sourcing and calculations. Copies are available through the Open Polytechnic Library or through applying for NZIQS Student Membership. Details and conditions posted on NZIQS website.
Computer and internet requirements
To complete this course you will need access to a laptop or desktop computer, reliable broadband internet connection and a data plan able to support online learning such as streaming of videos (including YouTube), downloading content, and writing and submitting online assessments. If you are unsure if your current computer or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
You can do this course as part of these qualifications:
Certificate of Proficiency
Course availability over the next 12 months