This online course will help you to understand and develop the feasibility and analytical reporting skills for construction projects.
Cost$651 NZ Domestic
Delivery typeOnline only
Teaching weeks 16 weeks
Workload Approximately 10 hours per week
Prerequisites Check entry and other requirements under the qualification you are studying
This online course will help you to understand
The site on which a building is developed places constraints that identify the limitations in a site; to demonstrate knowledge of the research, feasibility and environmental study in terms of legislative requirements; establish the condition of an existing building; and present information from the research, feasibility and environmental study on the design and construction of that building.
For more information watch the course introduction video below.
Students who complete this course will be able to
- Identify constraints and describe the limitations of an existing building site in terms of relevant legislative requirements and building implications for the repair or alteration of the structure.
- Create a simple technical sketch of the given site to include all structures and impediments that exist.
- Research the causes to the condition of the building taking into account climate and environmental factors including atmosphere, weather, human, insect and animal.
- Provide a report to describe the condition of an existing building, identifying the work required to repair or alter the building with consideration to the requirements of the Building Code.
100% internally assessed
No textbooks are required for this course
Students need to have access to a New Zealand built stand-alone house with specific conditions (15+ years old; not too complex; a site which is not too large; a site with reasonable fall)
Computer and internet requirements
To complete this course you will need access to a laptop or desktop computer, reliable broadband internet connection and a data plan able to support online learning such as streaming of videos (including YouTube), downloading content, and writing and submitting online assessments. If you are unsure if your current computer or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
You can do this course as part of these qualifications:
Certificate of Proficiency
Course availability over the next 12 months