In this online course you will gain an understanding of the impacts that the external and internal environment, and the building code, have on the selection and application of building materials and finishes.
Cost$651 NZ Domestic
Delivery typeOnline only
Teaching weeks 16 weeks
Workload Approximately 10 hours per week
Prerequisites Check entry and other requirements under the qualification you are studying
Once you've completed this course, you'll know how to
- analyse and discuss the environmental factors that may affect building and design
- identify the concepts of buildability and sustainability with reference to the choices of materials and finishes for different environments
- research the characteristics and physical properties of materials and finishes used in buildings
- evaluate the performance and compatibility of materials and finishes used in buildings.
100% internally assessed
No textbooks are required for this course
You will need to have access to a New Zealand built construction.
Computer and internet requirements
To complete this course you will need access to a laptop or desktop computer, reliable broadband internet connection and a data plan able to support online learning such as streaming of videos (including YouTube), downloading content, and writing and submitting online assessments. If you are unsure if your current computer or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
You can do this course as part of these qualifications:
Certificate of Proficiency
Course availability over the next 12 months