This course will give you the knowledge and skills required to solve crucial business problems by selecting and using the appropriate data structures, algorithms, and techniques for program development. You will create models of the problem domain and will use prototyping techniques to help develop efficient solutions for well-defined problems.
Cost20252024$793 NZ Domestic$2,464 NZ International
Delivery typeOnline only
Teaching weeks 16 weeks
Workload Approximately 13 hours per week
Prerequisites Check entry and other requirements under the qualification you are studying
When you successfully complete this online course you will be able to:
- Describe fundamental data structures and the operation of abstract data types/elements
- Investigate the performance of selected searching algorithms; sequential and binary
- Describe various classes of algorithms and their functions and applications
- Describe the application of recursive functions
- Explain the sorting of extracted data
- Analyse graphical representations where selected data structure determines efficiency of algorithm performance
- Apply prototyping techniques to design and implement algorithms and data structures
This course is 100% internally assessed.
No textbooks are needed for this course.
Computer and internet requirements
To complete this course you will need access to a laptop or desktop computer, reliable broadband internet connection and a data plan able to support online learning such as streaming of videos (including YouTube), downloading content, and writing and submitting online assessments. If you are unsure if your current computer or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
You can do this course as part of these qualifications:
Certificate of Proficiency
Course availability over the next 12 months