Working effectively within and across teams, organisations and iwi is an important part of the social health and wellbeing sector. Such work is complex for many reasons including; interpersonal team dynamics, differing organisation’s goals, funding models, and cultural orientations.
Delivery type2019Trimester 2 2019
Allow 10-12 hours study time per week for each 20 credit course.
Cost2019NZ students $838 + $60 annual administration fee
International students N/A + $60 annual administration fee
Prerequisites Check entry and other requirements under the qualification you are studying
This online course introduces you to key practical issues encountered when working within and across different organisational contexts. The online course provides students with the skills and knowledge to help facilitate collaboration and co-production, identify shared values and outcomes, and negotiate leadership roles, responsibilities and power relations.
Throughout the course students are encouraged to critically reflect on the transformative possibilities for how teams and organisations can work more effectively to create positive change in communities.
Students who successfully complete this online course will be able to
- Identify common issues and challenges that can arise when working within and across different teams and organisations, including cultural differences.
- Describe key principles and good practice approaches that underpin effective collaboration and co-production.
- Analyse an example of effective collaboration and explain what worked well and how this resulted in better outcomes for people and communities.
- Analyse the impact of different organisational arrangements to promote Treaty of Waitangi/Tiriti o Waitangi partnership and tino rangatiratanga.
This course is 100% internally assessed
No textbooks are required for this course
Your course is delivered 100% online. To complete this course you will need access to a computer or device, broadband internet and a data plan able to support online learning such as streaming of videos (including YouTube), downloading content and submitting online assessments. If you are unsure if your current computer/device or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
You can do this course as part of these qualifications: