This online course introduces you to assessment principles, processes and practices for making authentic and valid judgements when assessing learners in their workplace and/or when working with youth in transition from school to work.
For each credit, allow about 10 hours of study.
Cost2019NZ students $0 + $60 annual administration fee
International students $1,000 + $60 annual administration fee
Prerequisites Check entry and other requirements under the qualification you are studying
The focus includes discussion of moderation principles and practices and inclusive assessment within the bicultural context of Aotearoa New Zealand.
Roles and responsibilities of assessors, learners and verifiers are explored, including candidate preparation for assessment and providing assessment feedback, both to learners and for improving assessment tools and standards.
Students who successfully complete this online course will be able to
- Describe the principles and processes for assessment and moderation in workplace and/ or youth settings, with reference to Maori perspectives and Pacific approaches and current assessment theory.
- Discuss the role of assessment criteria for assessing learners in workplace and/or youth settings.
- Discuss evidence gathering methods for enabling assessment judgements in workplace and/ or youth settings.
- Prepare candidates for assessment.
- Discuss post-assessment practices, including feedback processes and ethical results management.
100% internally assessed
No textbooks are required for this course
Your course is delivered 100% online. To complete this course you will need access to a computer or device, broadband internet and a data plan able to support online learning such as streaming of videos (including YouTube), downloading content and submitting online assessments. If you are unsure if your current computer/device or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- Choose the qualification you will study the course under.
- Check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
You can do this course as part of these qualifications: