This course will enable you to critically analyse the organisational context for human service delivery, including Pasifika, iwi and Maori health and social service organisations.
Delivery type2019Trimester 3 2019
Allow 10-12 hours study time per week for each 20 credit course.
Cost2019NZ students $838 + $60 annual administration fee
International students N/A + $60 annual administration fee
It will evaluate the role of governance, management and leadership in human service organisations during times of stability and change. It will consider internal and external policies and processes that impact on organisational performance and quality assurance, and propose strategies to enhance user involvement and services.
You will be able to evaluate resource management, including volunteers, in human service organisations; and to propose approaches to improve inter-professional and inter-agency practice as well as promote rangatiratanga and Treaty partnership(s).
Students who successfully complete this course will be able to
- Propose improvements to interprofessional and interagency practice to achieve positive outcomes for service users.
- Analyse the impact of governance, management and leadership on achieving positive outcomes for service users and managing change in human service organisations.
- Critically evaluate policies and processes to enhance organisational performance, assure quality, and improve resource management.
- Critically evaluate the impact of different organisational arrangements to promote Treaty of Waitangi/Tiriti o Waitangi partnership and tino rangatiratanga.
This course is 100% internally assessed
There is a textbook required for this course. Visit our textbook page for more information.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
Lecturer / Tutor
You can do this course as part of these qualifications: