This online course will ensure that you develop your social work practice so that it is culturally relevant and culturally competent.
You will learn how to respectfully demonstrate confident use of te reo, kawa and tikanga ā-rohe (Māori language, protocols and customs local to the student). You will critically evaluate approaches for working with tangata whenua to promote wellbeing for whānau, hapū and iwi. You will also critically evaluate approaches for working with tagata pasifika to promote wellbeing for Pasifika families and their communities.
In addition you will critically evaluate their personal and professional development towards relevant intra-cultural and inter-cultural competent social work practice.
For more information watch the course introduction video below.
Students who successfully complete this course will be able to:
- Respectfully demonstrate confident use of te reo, kawa, and tikanga ā-rohe (Māori language and customs local to you) in relationships with mana whenua.
- Critically apply approaches for working with tangata whenua to promote wellbeing for whānau, hapū and iwi.
- Critically apply approaches for working with tagata pasifika to promote wellbeing for Pasifika families and their communities.
- Critically evaluate personal and professional development towards relevant intra-culturally and inter-culturally competent social work practice.
This programme is delivered mainly online so you will need to have regular access to a computer or device, a reliable broadband internet connection and a data plan to be able to support your online learning. You will need to stream videos, download content and submit assessments online. If you are unsure if your current computer/device or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
This courses is 100% internally assessed and includes attendance at a Noho Marae
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
You can do this course as part of these qualifications: