This course examines the curriculum areas of technology, and mathematical and scientific concepts. The outdoors as curriculum is introduced including environmental learning, conservation, and sustainability practices. You will be provided with strategies and skills to both support young children’s ICT skills and to implement these skills in planning and providing for young children’s learning experiences.
Delivery type2019Trimester 2 2019
Allow 10-12 hours study time per week for each 20 credit course.
Cost2019NZ students $830 + $60 annual administration fee
International students N/A + $60 annual administration fee
To see when the workshop for this course is being held in your area go to the
Students who successfully complete this course will be able to
- Demonstrate ICT knowledge and skills to assist with information gathering and documentation of children’s learning experiences
- Demonstrate knowledge of a range of theoretical perspectives, pedagogical and content knowledge, and teaching strategies to support young children’s learning in the areas of mathematical and scientific concepts, technology, and information communication technology
- Examine strategies and approaches to support young children’s learning and development through access to the outdoors as a key factor in fostering environmental and ecological sustainability.
This course is 100% internally assessed
No textbooks are required for this course
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
You can do this course as part of these qualifications: