Independent research and writing skills are important components of academic study. This course is designed to provide environmental studies students with the opportunity to develop the skills needed to independently engage with theoretical and practical issues in their discipline at an advanced level. The course requires you to research a topic and to communicate your research findings in an academic report. The course aims to advance your skills in research and writing and equip you with specialist, in-depth knowledge of a subject within the environment discipline.
Allow approximately 10-12 hours study time per week for each 40 credit course. Your workload may be higher around assessment due dates or exam time.
Cost2019NZ students $1,469 + $60 annual administration fee
International students $4,002 + $60 annual administration fee
Topics covered include
- identifying a topic of interest for investigation
- formulating a research question
- developing a research proposal
- undertaking a literature search
- analysis and evaluation of data; and
- presenting findings in a formal report.
This course is 100% internally assessed
No textbooks are required for this course
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
Lecturer / Tutor
You can do this course as part of these qualifications: