How to apply to enrol
Here you will find our step-by-step guide to enrolling with Open Polytechnic.
1. Choose your course(s) and qualification
- Look in ‘Choose courses’ tab to find the qualification and course(s) you want to study.
- If you’re not sure which course to start with check the study plan for the qualification or go to the ‘Ask an advisor’ tab in the qualification page to get help.
2. Check the entry criteria
- Check you meet the qualification specific entry criteria in the ‘Entry requirements’ tab for your qualification.
3. Add courses to your enrolment
- In the ‘Choose courses’ tab of your qualification select the course(s) you want to study then click ‘Add to enrolment plan’.
- When you get to ‘My enrolment’ choose what month or trimester you want to start your course(s), and assign a qualification.
4. Complete the online enrolment application
- This is where you enter your personal information, including your National Student Number if you have one, and choose your preferred payment option.
- If you don’t have all of the information needed, you can save and exit the application form and return to it later.
- Read the Terms and Conditions of Enrolment (PDF, 54KB, opens new window)
- We’ll send you an email to let you know that your application has been received.
- If you’re paying your fees by student loan contact StudyLink now to apply for this.
How long will it take?
We aim to process enrolment applications as quickly and efficiently as possible, but our processing time may be affected by:
- If you need to provide us with additional documentation (such as verified proof of identification or a workplace reference). If we do not have this documentation it can delay your application
- How you are paying the fees.
After you apply
- We’ll contact you to let you know the outcome of your enrolment application.
- Once it has been approved you’ll receive an email with fee payment instructions.
- When your fees are paid we'll be in touch about your course.
- Your course materials will become available to you online or sent to you before your course begins.
- Your lecturer or tutor will be in touch when your course begins.
If you have got any questions about how to apply for enrolment contact us
Plan your study