If you need help to improve your academic writing, research and or with general study skills, our Library and Learning Centre, Te Whare Pukapuka Wāhanga Whakapakari Ako, team are here to help.
They can give you free, confidential, one-on-one support by telephone or email. They are also active in the talk channels of our online courses.
When it comes to assignment writing, they can help with:
- academic writing skills
- how to understand the topic, and structure the assignment to ensure it flows.
- APA referencing and APA style
- understanding and preventing plagiarism.
They can also give you feedback on two paragraphs of your assignment by giving examples and ideas for improving your writing structure and grammar.
Note: This feedback is not a writing review, or editing and proofreading service. It does not include feedback on your assignment content or reference list.
Research and study support
If you need help with research, the Library and Learning Centre team can:
- give you help to search for information on our online library
- help you evaluate information and decide on the best sources for your topic
- improve your reading and note making skills
- develop your study skills, including time management and setting learning goals
- help you prepare for exams
- develop strategies for coping with study and exam stress
- help you learn to navigate your online course pages.
As well as our Library and Learning Centre team, our online library available 24/7 and is free, convenient and easy to use.
As well as a distance lending service, with free and fast delivery, you can access resources online, including guides on how to look for information and information on study techniques.
You can also check our study tips and techniques section for information on researching, academic and assignment writing, referencing, and maths and statistics.
Support for Māori and Pasifika learners
The Library and Learning Centre also have learning support advocates who provide specialist learning support and mentoring to Māori and Pasifika learners.
Support for learners with a disability
The Library and Learning Centre also have learning support advocates who provide specialist learning support and mentoring to students with a disability, specific learning need or health condition that may affect their study.
Need more information?
If you have any questions about how to get help from the Library and Learning Centre you can email or call:
- freephone 0508 650 200 and then press 3