Open Polytechnic employs a wide range of learning and teaching experts who provide academic and learning support to our distance learners.
We also use contractors, mostly off campus, who are subject matter experts in their fields who provide academic support and marking services.
As a specialist provider of open flexible distance learning, we also employ highly skilled courseware design and development, and education technology professionals, administration and customer support staff, as well as library and learning centre staff who are all focused on helping Open Polytechnic learners achieve their educational goals.
Find out more about our workforce by selecting an area below.
Select an area
- Executive Team
- Animal Care
- Built Environment
- Early Childhood Education
Academic Staff Member - Exercise
Role at Open Polytechnic
My role is to support the theory learning for the students enrolled in the NZ Certificate in Exercise (Level 4) and provide support while they complete a practicum component of the course in the second and third papers. Students learn about holistic approaches to health, anatomy and physiology, nutrition, exercise programme design and delivery, and business skills.
- Bachelor of Health Science (Sport and Exercise)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Medical Technology
- 5 years in an education and training role with NZ Red Cross
- Self-employed for 10 years in the sport and recreation industry
- Financial Services
- Foundation and Bridging
- Funeral Directing
- Information and Communications Technology
- Information and Library Studies
- Interior Design
- Management and Economics
- Real Estate
- Social Health and Wellbeing
- Social Work
- Te Reo Māori
- Library & Learning Centre - Te Whare Pukapuka Wāhanga Whakapakari Ako
- Student Journey Centre