The purpose of this online course is to prepare you to be able to understand how medicines work and affect body systems. Upon completion you will be able to apply an advanced level of knowledge of human anatomy, physiology and medicines used in the treatment of health disorders.
For each credit, allow about 10 hours of study.
Cost2019NZ students $600 + $60 annual administration fee
International students $1,800 + $60 annual administration fee
If you need to discuss prerequisites for this course
For more information watch the course introduction video below.
Students who successfully complete this online course will be able to
- Demonstrate knowledge of
-how the body handles medicines and how medicines act on the body
-drug dosing, action and adverse effects
-drug misuse and drug dependence
-health check measurements and their use in the community
- Demonstrate knowledge of the anatomy and physiology of the central nervous, cardiovascular and respiratory systems and the eye, ear and nose.
- Demonstrate knowledge of disorders of the central nervous, cardiovascular and respiratory systems and the eye, ear and nose, and medicines used in their treatment.
- Apply knowledge of human physiology and medicines used in the treatment of disorders of central nervous, cardiovascular and respiratory systems and the eye, ear and nose.
This course is 100% internally assessed
No textbooks are required for this course
Your course is delivered 100% online. To complete this course you will need access to a computer or device, broadband internet and a data plan able to support online learning such as streaming of videos (including YouTube), downloading content and submitting online assessments. If you are unsure if your current computer/device or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
You can do this course as part of these qualifications: