The purpose of this online course is to prepare you to be able to work ethically and professionally within all legislation, codes and standards. It also introduces you to managing dispensary stock and inventory.
For each credit, allow about 10 hours of study.
Cost2019NZ students $600 + $60 annual administration fee
International students $1,800 + $60 annual administration fee
Students who successfully complete this course will be able to
- Identify and explain the application of legislation and standards as appropriate to pharmacy technicians (as listed ‘mandatory’ in qualification document 1888)
- Explain the appropriate environmental and storage requirements and apply the relevant standards to maintain a safe environment for the dispensary
- Apply appropriate workplace dispensary system/s and SOP's (Standard Operating Procedures) to process stock orders and to undertake the inventory control requirements of the dispensary.
- Estimate quantities and complete accurate and timely calculations, as appropriate to dispensing
This course is 100% internally assessed
No textbooks are required for this course
Your course is delivered 100% online. To complete this course you will need access to a computer or device, broadband internet and a data plan able to support online learning such as streaming of videos (including YouTube), downloading content and submitting online assessments. If you are unsure if your current computer/device or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
You can do this course as part of these qualifications: