Communication for Learning (Level 3)
This online programme will help you to develop your reading and writing skills and apply these to a chosen field of work or study.
Study type Open
Cost$0 NZ Domestic
Currently offered Fees Free
It’s a good place to start if you want to develop your reading and writing skills.
Students who successfully complete this course will be able to
- Identify and acknowledge credible sources
- Locate information and determine ideas using reading strategies in texts
- Describe communication strategies and how they apply in learning contexts
- Construct well-formed texts on selected topics
Fee free offer
You can currently study this programme fee free.
NCEA Assessment Standards
When you complete this programme, you will gain NCEA Level 3 Assessment Standards. They include:
- AS2990 Read texts to research information
- AS9694 Demonstrate and apply knowledge of communication process theory
- AS1279 Write in plain English
- AS30508 Write a short crafted text for a specified audience using resource material in English for an academic purpose.
If you want to further prepare for future studies, we also offer the New Zealand Certificate in Study and Career Preparation (Level 4).
This online programme is an ideal way to start working towards your study and career goals if you have NCEA Level 1 (or equivalent). You will gain a range of skills to prepare you for higher level certificates, diplomas or degrees.