New Zealand Certificate in Organic Primary Production (Level 3)
The New Zealand Certificate in Organic Primary Production (Level 3) will help further develop your skills and knowledge in organic primary production
Study type Open
This online programme is right for you whether you are seeking a role in the organic primary production sector, looking to gain recognition of your skills, looking to change career or are a home gardener or lifestyle block owner looking to incorporate holistic organic practices in your produce production.
This progamme may prepare you for a career across all sectors of the horticulture industry such as:
- organic orchard worker
- organic vineyard worker
- organic greenhouse worker
- organic crop worker
- organic nursery worker
- organic farm assistant/ worker
- organic pastoral farm worker
- organic arable farm worker
- mahinga kai assistant/worker
What you will learn
In this programme you will learn about:
- modern organics and attracting birds and insects,
- organic production planning, covering planning of an organic production system.
- soils and composting
When you achieve this qualification you will be able to:
- Carry out routine tasks in an organic production environment in accordance with organic principles and relevant compliance requirements.