New Zealand Certificate in Business (Introduction to Small Business) (Level 3) [Te Pūkenga]
This qualification will provide you with the skills necessary to assess small business opportunities.
You will be able to explore and assess opportunities and understand requirements for establishing a small business, in accordance with ngā kaupapa o te Tiriti o Waitangi (the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi), and in a multi-cultural environment.
Graduates of this qualification will be prepared to start a small business which meets an identified need and/or opportunity in the community.
What you will learn
When you achieve this qualification, you will know how to:
- Identify and evaluate business opportunities that are relevant in terms of own abilities, interests, and preferences.
- Develop an establishment plan that assesses the feasibility and viability of a small business opportunity.
- Identify technology needs to effectively operate a small business.
- Assess the importance of business relationships with stakeholders for a small business.
- Behave professionally and ethically and in a socially and culturally responsible manner and apply personal and interpersonal skills to contribute to the assessment of small business opportunities.