This course enables you to understand the strategies required to facilitate the effective management of information in organisational systems.
Cost2024$793 NZ Domestic$2,010 NZ International2025
Delivery typeOnline only
Teaching weeks 16 weeks
Workload Approximately 13 hours per week
Prerequisites Check entry and other requirements under the qualification you are studying
The course discusses organisational factors that impact the application and use of systems employed as information management tools, and their associated technologies. It covers how these tools should work to ensure beneficial information flows, appropriate user access, and effective knowledge and content management practices.
It also provides basic guidance on how to confirm current or planned systems and technologies are fit for purpose, and how to safeguard content on an ongoing basis while still containing information-related risk.
For more information watch the course introduction video below.
Students who successfully complete this online course will be able to:
- Identify and discuss key factors that impact the management and use of information management systems and technologies operating within or across an organisation.
- Analyse how different systems and technologies work as information management tools, and how they relate to each other.
- Evaluate information management strategies that facilitate the effective management of information within organisational systems.
This course is 100% internally assessed.
No textbooks are required for this course.
Computer and internet requirements
To complete this course you will need access to a laptop or desktop computer, reliable broadband internet connection and a data plan able to support online learning such as streaming of videos (including YouTube), downloading content, and writing and submitting online assessments. If you are unsure if your current computer or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
You can do this course as part of these qualifications:
Certificate of Proficiency
Course availability over the next 12 months