This course supports you to explore the use of computing to communicate and connect with others.
Cost20252024$0 NZ Domestic
Delivery typeOnline only
Teaching weeks 16 weeks
Workload Approximately 10 hours per week
Prerequisites Check entry and other requirements under the qualification you are studying
You will develop an understanding of the internet and computer hardware and software and create a simple spreadsheet. You will learn about computing ethics, netiquette and cybersecurity, and how you can apply these principles to your study. This course will develop communication skills including writing skills to ensure you are well equipped to interact and collaborate with others when learning online.
For more information watch one of the course videos below.
Learners who successfully complete this online course will be able to
- Communicate effectively using internet and digital devices in online learning
- Identify the purpose of system and application software, networks (connectivity) and hardware
- Apply cybersecurity and ethical online behaviour in a study context
- Use a spreadsheet application to organise information in a study context
100% internal assessment
No textbooks are required for this course
Computer and internet requirements
To complete this course you will need access to a laptop or desktop computer, reliable broadband internet connection and a data plan able to support online learning such as streaming of videos (including YouTube), downloading content, and writing and submitting online assessments. If you are unsure if your current computer or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
You can do this course as part of these qualifications:
Course availability over the next 12 months