This online course will teach you how to develop knowledge of the laws relevant to land ownership, building structures and council compliance.
Cost2024$328 NZ Domestic$1,346 NZ International2025
Delivery typeOnline only
Teaching weeks 16 weeks
Workload Approximately 10 hours per week
Prerequisites Check entry and other requirements under the qualification you are studying
Students who successfully complete this course will be able to:
- Discuss laws relating to resource management and buildings in relation to real estate practice
- Explain the laws of contract, agency and land ownership titles in relation to real estate practice
- Examine the implications of relevant NZ legislation for a real estate licensee
For more information watch the course introduction video below.
This course is 100% internally assessed.
No textbooks are required for this course.
Computer and internet requirements
To complete this course you will need access to a laptop or desktop computer, reliable broadband internet connection and a data plan able to support online learning such as streaming of videos (including YouTube), downloading content, and writing and submitting online assessments. If you are unsure if your current computer or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
You can do this course as part of these qualifications:
Course availability over the next 12 months