This online course will enable you to evaluate and make informed recommendations for the application of current and emerging digital technologies in a business context. You will select a current and/or an emerging topic for research, critical analysis and publication of your findings.
Cost20252024$793 NZ Domestic$2,464 NZ International
Delivery typeOnline only
Teaching weeks 16 weeks
Workload Approximately 13 hours per week
Prerequisites Check entry and other requirements under the qualification you are studying
When you successfully complete this online course you will be able to:
- Categorise a selection of current and emerging technologies, according to a range of business requirements, and develop hypotheses regarding future developments
- Evaluate current and emerging technologies in terms of ethical considerations, environmental impact and sustainability issues
- Research and undertake a critical analysis of a selected current and/or emerging technology
- Make informed recommendations, based on a business planning framework
- Publish the findings in a report that conforms to professional standards
This course is 100% internally assessed.
No textbooks are needed for this course.
Computer and internet requirements
To complete this course you will need access to a laptop or desktop computer, reliable broadband internet connection and a data plan able to support online learning such as streaming of videos (including YouTube), downloading content, and writing and submitting online assessments. If you are unsure if your current computer or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
You can do this course as part of these qualifications:
Course availability over the next 12 months