This online course provides you with the opportunity to plan and apply adult literacy and numeracy embedding approaches for diverse learners in authentic Aotearoa New Zealand settings, usually workplace, community or vocational programmes. The main focus is the application of planning, assessment and evaluation processes while utilising the social, cultural, political, historical and theoretical knowledge gained in the first course of this programme. This online course acknowledges the primacy of relationships for teaching and learning.
For each credit, allow about 10 hours of study.
Cost2019NZ students $0 + $60 annual administration fee
International students $1,100 + $60 annual administration fee
If you need to discuss prerequisites for this course
For more information watch the course introduction video below.
Fee free offer
Courses offered under the New Zealand Certificate in Adult Literacy and Numeracy Education (Vocational/Workplace) are currently fee free. Check out the Fee free offer tab on the qualification web page for information.
Students who successfully complete this course will be able to
- Plan for embedded literacy and numeracy teaching and learning in the Aotearoa New Zealand context using the learning progressions for adult literacy and numeracy.
- Identify and implement embedded adult literacy and numeracy opportunities, including Māori perspectives and Pasifika approaches.
- Select and apply a range of assessment methods to gather information about adult learners to support their literacy and numeracy development.
- Identify, plan and implement evaluation methods to establish effectiveness of embedded literacy and numeracy teaching to support adult learning and personal professional practice.
This course is 100% internally assessed
Your course is delivered 100% online. To complete this course you will need access to a computer or device, broadband internet and a data plan able to support online learning such as streaming of videos (including YouTube), downloading content and submitting online assessments. If you are unsure if your current computer/device or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
You can do this course as part of these qualifications: