Over the last two decades, growing demands for businesses to enhance their environmental performance have seen the emergence of a range of corporate environmental management systems and strategies. This course is designed to provide you with a practical understanding of corporate responses to environmental pressures. You will examine the theory and practice of corporate environmental management and apply environmental principles to evaluate current practices. You will also use your knowledge to critically evaluate the contribution of corporate environmental management to sustainability.
Delivery type2019Trimester 3 2019
Allow 10-12 hours study time per week for each 20 credit course.
Cost2019NZ students $730 + $60 annual administration fee
International students $2,254 + $60 annual administration fee
- 20 Credits or more at Level 6 and Above.
If you need to discuss prerequisites for this course
Topics covered include
- history and development of corporate responses to environmental management
- the environmental impacts of organisations
- environmental reporting; and
- components and contribution of environmental management systems and strategies to sustainability.
This course is 100% internally assessed
There is a textbook required for this course. Visit our textbook page for more information.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
Lecturer / Tutor
You can do this course as part of these qualifications:
Certificate of Proficiency
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Communication and Environment) (OP701007)
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Environment) (OP701003)