This page includes information about how to access your Open Polytechnic email account, and how to access and download free Microsoft Office software.
Open Polytechnic email
Your My Open Polytechnic email is where you will receive notifications for your courses. If you aren’t sure what your Open Polytechnic email address is check in the Office 365 box in My Open Polytechnic.
You can access this email from two places in My Open Polytechnic:
- Click on your user name and find My Open Polytechnic email, or;
- In the ‘Office 365’ box click the ‘Launch Office 365 ProPlus’ button.
The first time you go to the account you need to follow the prompts to set it up.
If you want to redirect your course notifications to another email address follow the steps on the Microsoft support page:
Download Office 365 and 365 ProPlus
You can access online versions of Microsoft software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote using the ‘Launch Office 365 Proplus’ button in My Open Polytechnic. This is where you can also download this software.
- Click ‘Launch Office 365 ProPlus’ button in the Office 365 box.
- Log into Office 365 using your Open Polytechnic log in.
- Click the gear icon in the top right corner, and choose ‘Office 365 Settings’.
- Under the ‘Software’ heading select ‘Install and manage software’ to begin the download.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install. Depending on your device, you may need to individually install each Office product.
- When the installation is complete open the application.
- Enter your @myopenpolytechnic email address and Open Polytechnic password.
- Follow any remaining on-screen instructions and Microsoft Office Mobile should be ready to go.
You can also go to the Apple App Store or Google Play Store and search for Microsoft Office Mobile and download it from there. If you do, you will also have access to files saved to your Sky Drive account from your phone or tablet.
Due to the size of the download, it can take time for it to install. If you have any issues check the Microsoft support website: