New Zealand Certificate in Interior Décor (Level 4)
Develop your creative skills with the New Zealand Certificate in Interior Décor. This programme will give you the knowledge and skills required to consult, conceive, style, and advise on existing interior spaces from an interior décor brief.
This programme can only be studied part-time. It is not eligible for course-related costs, living costs or allowances from StudyLink.
Fee Free Offer
This programme is currently being offered Fee Free. For full details and terms and conditions please click the 'Fee free offer' tab above.
Learners step through: the theory and history of décor-focussed interior design (interior décor is a subset of design); interior design building blocks; interior design communication methods and conventions (visual and verbal); the physical components of interior décor; and finally the process of putting all the knowledge together to fulfil and communicate a décor design.
What you will learn
- Contribute to the creation of décor for a range of interior environments
- Apply knowledge of theory and practice to rationalise and select products and materials for use in interior décor
- Communicate effectively to assist clients, colleagues and stakeholders with fulfilling an interior décor brief
- Coordinate and assist clients, colleagues and stakeholders with the fulfilment of an interior décor brief
Graduates of this qualification will be able to work in the interior décor industry in a variety of roles, including:
- Colour advisor
- Showroom assistant (interior retail)
- Home stager
- Interior stylist/décor consultant
- Visual merchandiser
- Assistant to an Interior Designer
- Interior product sales.