New Zealand Diploma in Records and Information Management (Level 6)
Our online Diploma in Records and Information Management will provide you with the knowledge and skills to manage information within organisations as evidence and as an asset.
Cost$4,758 NZ Domestic
Not including any course materials or external exam fees.
You will develop a practical and strategic understanding of the creation and use of physical and digital records, archives and other types of organisational information. You will learn to manage this organisational information in ways that address business, governance, research and storage requirements. For each organisation you will also assist in developing, applying and monitoring associated policy, strategy, standards and practises in an ethical way that meets legislation and addresses unique working environments.
This qualification is ideal if you are interested in a career relating to the management of organisational or heritage information, records and/or archives.
What you will learn
- When you achieve this qualification, you will be able to:
- advise organisations on principles and benefits of
- information management and information
- governance for equitable and compliant information access, use and disposal, and to minimise
- information-related risks;
- analyse the business information needs of
- organisations and select appropriate information management solutions for the organisations;
- apply specialised technical and theoretical
- knowledge of information management to
- manage business information ethically and in
- line with industry standards;
- guide organisations to the delivery of a robust and effective information management environment for the organisation including consideration of the importance of kaupapa and mātauranga Māori, and Pacific knowledge.
This qualification can build on the New Zealand Diploma in Library and Information Leadership.
This qualification is a starting point for the Bachelor of Library and Information Studies (BLIS)