New Zealand Diploma in Business (Level 5) (Marketing and Sales) [Te Pūkenga]
This qualification will provide you with the skills to contribute to the achievement of business operational objectives, through the application of knowledge and skills, in an ethical and inclusive manner, in accordance with ngā kaupapa o te Tiriti o Waitangi (the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi), and in a multi-cultural environment.
Cost$2,600 NZ Domestic
Not including any course materials or external exam fees.
Graduates of the Marketing and Sales strand may be employed in marketing and sales entry-level roles in a variety of business entities. Graduates may also be able to contribute to community groups in volunteer marketing and sales functions.
What you will learn
When you achieve this qualification, you will know how to:
- Analyse the operational impact of internal and external environments on a business entity to inform decision-making.
- Apply broad knowledge of the principles and current practices of operations, accounting, marketing/sales, human resources, and risk management, to support the performance of a business entity.
- Contribute operationally to innovation and organisational change in a business entity.
- Develop and maintain operational business relationships with stakeholders to support the performance of a business entity.
- Apply knowledge of te Tiriti o Waitangi to analyse how the resulting bi-cultural partnership can be applied to operational business activities and relationships.
- Apply professional and ethical practices with integrity, in accordance with the operational environmental, social and cultural requirements of the context, and apply personal and interpersonal skills to contribute to the achievement of business operational objectives.
You will also learn how to:
- Apply marketing and sales principles and processes, including consideration of the role of the entity’s brand.
- Advise management on existing and emerging marketing and sales issues, based on secondary research.
- Use existing technology, and show awareness of emerging technology, in a range of marketing contexts and/or delivery platforms.
- Communicate persuasively and purposefully, using buyer decision-making process and negotiation, with customers and prospects to achieve marketing and sales outcomes.
- Apply self-management and interpersonal skills for effective relationship management.