New Zealand Certificate in Business (Introduction to Small Business) (Level 3)
NZ2454Closed to new enrolments
This programme will give you the skills and knowledge to explore and assess opportunities and understand requirements for establishing a small business. You will have the skills to do this in a multi-cultural environment.
(Updated 22 November 2023)
The new NZ2454 New Zealand Certificate in Business (Introduction to Small Business) (Level 3) unified Te Pūkenga programme opened for enrolments on 22 November 2023.
This version of the programme is closed to new learners.
If you have not studied this programme previously, please click on the link below to apply to enrol in the new NZ2454 New Zealand Certificate in Business (Introduction to Small Business) (Level 3) [Te Pūkenga].
If you began studying NZ2454 New Zealand Certificate in Business (Introduction to Small Business) (Level 3) up to and including December 2023, we recommend that you continue your study in this version of the programme.
Please note, you must successfully complete all four courses that make up the programme within two years of your first enrolment to be awarded the Open Polytechnic version of the qualification.
However, the option of transitioning to the new unified programme is also available to you.
If you wish to transition to the new version of the programme, please contact us and one of our Student Advisors will help you with a study plan.
If you have any questions, please contact us.
When you achieve this qualification, you will know how to
- Identify and evaluate a business opportunity that is relevant in terms of own abilities, interests, and preferences.
- Develop an establishment plan that assesses the feasibility and viability of a small business opportunity.
- Identify technology needs to effectively operate a small business.
- Assess the importance of business relationships with stakeholders for a small business.
- Behave professionally and ethically and in a socially and culturally responsible manner, and apply personal and interpersonal skills to contribute to the assessment of small business opportunities.
This qualification will enable you to explore and assess what it takes to start your own small business.
Is this the right Small Business programme for your needs?
We also offer a Level 4 version of the NZ Certificate in Business - please read the differences below to ensure you enrol into the best programme for your needs:
Level 3 programme (NZ2454):
- You will be able to assess small business opportunities and understand the requirements for establishing the business.
- You will develop a creative and cohesive ‘’toolbox’’ that allows you to think thoroughly about the needs for opening a new business.
- The focus will be about learning how to transform a business idea to become a business plan.
Level 4 programme (NZ2457):
- You will have improved capability to establish, operate, grow, and sustain a small business.
- You will be able to apply a deeper level of the skills and knowledge required to successfully achieve this.