New Zealand Diploma in Funeral Directing (Level 5)
The online New Zealand Diploma in Funeral Directing (Level 5) allows you to maintain professional standards for the funeral services industry. This programme will provide individuals who are employed as a funeral director in the funeral services industry, a credential that will support their employment opportunities.
Study type Trimester
Cost$5,203 NZ Domestic
Not including any course materials or external exam fees.
Graduates of this qualification will be able to:
- Conduct themselves in a professional manner, applying the code of industry conduct to funeral directing services
- Communicate funeral service options, and work with bereaved families and whānau to provide an optimal outcome for the funeral service
- Communicate with stakeholders throughout the process of providing funeral directing services
- Integrate the history and philosophy of funeral directing into processes
- Identify bereaved families’ needs, wishes and cultural expectations for funeral activities
- Coordinate funeral activities within the legal and ethical requirements of funeral directing
- Work safely, managing the health and safety of themselves, others and the environment within the funeral directing industry.
Graduates will have the capacity to be employed as qualified funeral directors.