New Zealand Certificate in Pharmacy (Introduction to Pharmacy Practice) (Level 3)
This is a core pharmacy qualification covering the skills and knowledge required by all staff in the pharmacy. It provides a pathway for trainee pharmacy technicians and pharmacy assistants to gain core skills for provision of safe, patient-centred healthcare under the supervision of a pharmacist.
Study type Open
Cost$1,236 NZ Domestic
Currently being offered fees free. See the Fee free offer tab for more details.
This programme can only be studied part-time. It is not eligible for course-related costs, living costs or student allowances from StudyLink.
Visit the COVID-19 page of our website for more information on how the Government mandate on COVID-19 vaccinations for some sectors may affect completion of the practical components of your study programme.
This programme of study has practical components that require access to a workplace covered under the Government’s COVID-19 Public Health Response (Vaccinations) Order 2021.
Visit the COVID-19 page of our website for more information on how the Government mandate on COVID-19 vaccinations for some sectors may affect completion of the practical components of your study programme.Learn more
What you will learn
- When you achieve this qualification you will be able to:
- Work ethically and professionally as required by the pharmacy codes and standards
- Interact with pharmacy team members and customers/patients to ensure the provision of culturally appropriate customer service
- Apply legislation relevant to your workplace
- Determine if it is safe and appropriate to provide pharmacy related products and services or advice to customers/patients, and know when to refer to a pharmacist
- Carry out a range of support activities within the pharmacy
- Provide first aid
- Perform calculations using appropriate information technology tools for point of sale transactions and retail operations
This is an introductory qualification and will allow graduates to progress into the following Open Polytechnic programme: