This online course introduces you to various aspects of mathematics. It enables you to build your confidence in using mathematics by providing the techniques and strategies commonly used in mathematical problem solving. It provides the fundamental basis for further study in mathematics, computing, science, or engineering as well as other subject areas such as business.
For each credit, allow about 10 hours of study.
Cost2019NZ students $0 + $60 annual administration fee
International students N/A + $60 annual administration fee
Prerequisites Check entry and other requirements under the qualification you are studying
For more information watch the course introduction video below.
Students who successfully complete this course will be able to
- Apply aspects of systems of algebra in solving problems
- Apply linear programming methods to solve problems
- Use critical path analysis in solving problems
- Apply aspects of trigonometric methods in solving problems
- Perform aspects of calculus to solve mathematical problems
This course is 100% internally assessed
Your course is delivered 100% online. To complete this course you will need access to a computer or device, broadband internet and a data plan able to support online learning such as streaming of videos (including YouTube), downloading content and submitting online assessments. If you are unsure if your current computer/device or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
Fee free offer
The enrolment fees and annual administration fee for courses in the New Zealand Certificate in Study and Career Preparation (Level 3) are currently fee free for New Zealand domestic students and New Zealand citizens living overseas.
Please read the terms and conditions in the Fee Free Offer Tab on the qualification page. Please disregard the $60 annual administration fee that is showing, this will not be charged.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
You can do this course as part of these qualifications: