This online floristry course will provide skills and knowledge required for the application of the elements and principles of design to floristry designs and in the construction of intermediate hand tied pieces.
Cost2024$250 NZ Domestic2025
Delivery typeOnline only
Teaching weeks 16 weeks
Workload Approximately 10 hours per week
Prerequisites Check entry and other requirements under the qualification you are studying
When you successfully complete this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the key features and identify examples of the application of the elements and principles of floral design in intermediate hand tied floral pieces.
- Identify and name flowers and foliage used in intermediate hand tied floral pieces by their common and botanical names.
- Plan, prepare, cost and construct hand tied floral pieces for a range of occasions to meet customer specifications.
This course is 100% internally assessed.
- Flowers Snips
- Paper or fabric scissors
- Hand towel
- Tie or twine (to tie hand-tieds)
- Papers (to wrap the hand-tied bouquets and posies)
- Waterfilled container
- Ribbon to make a bow (approximately 32mm wide)
- Flowers and Foliage for Hand-tied All Round Bouquets and Hand-tied Posies
The cost of materials (including tools and fresh flowers/foliage) for this course is likely to be $500.00
No textbooks are needed for this course.
Computer and internet requirements
To complete this course you will need access to a laptop or desktop computer, reliable broadband internet connection and a data plan able to support online learning such as streaming of videos (including YouTube), downloading content, and writing and submitting online assessments. If you are unsure if your current computer or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
You can do this course as part of these qualifications:
Course availability over the next 12 months