This online floristry stock course will give you knowledge of introductory plant physiology and plant classification, which is needed to work in the floristry industry for the selection, classification, storage, and care of flowers.
Cost20252024$0 NZ Domestic
Delivery typeOnline only
Teaching weeks 16 weeks
Workload Approximately 13 hours per week
Prerequisites Check entry and other requirements under the qualification you are studying
When you successfully complete this course you will be able to:
- Describe the basic structures of plants and identify their component parts.
- Identify and sequence the stages within a plant's life cycle.
- Identify common plants used in floristry by their common and botanical names.
- Explain the sources, selection, care and storage of floristry stock.
This course is 100% internally assessed.
No textbooks are needed for this course.
Computer and internet requirements
To complete this course you will need access to a laptop or desktop computer, reliable broadband internet connection and a data plan able to support online learning such as streaming of videos (including YouTube), downloading content, and writing and submitting online assessments. If you are unsure if your current computer or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
You can do this course as part of these qualifications:
Course availability over the next 12 months