To enrol in this diploma, you must have one of the following:
- A current position in a law firm
- Previous law firm employment
- NCEA Level 2 or equivalent
- Evidence of successful study at Level 6.
If you do not meet any of the above requirements, you must successfully complete 424 Tertiary Study Skills, achieving a 'B' pass minimum, before applying to enrol in this qualification. If you are aged 20 or over, before you are accepted, you will need to provide evidence to the programme leader's satisfaction, that you will have a reasonable likelihood of success. If accepted, you will be approved for enrolment into ILS Introduction to the Legal System.
Please note: When enrolling online please list your employers details on the last page under the notes/more information field.
English is the language of study at Open Polytechnic. You will need to be able to read and write well in English so that you can understand course materials and also submit written assessments. There are criteria that must be met if English is not your first language. Find out more about English language requirements
or contact us.
If you are an international student residing in New Zealand and studying part-time, you need to have:
- a verified valid work permit/visa. Please note the expiry date must be after the end date of your course, and either
- a Variation of Conditions allowing study at Open Polytechnic, or
- a letter of authorisation from your employer (on letterhead) confirming that you need to undertake this training as part of your job.
International fees must be paid in full at the time of enrolment.
Find out more about studying with Open Polytechnic as an
international student here.